After a long day twelve hours on Saturday we managed to get the great room and hallway flooring finished. Sunday we did the trim work, polished/waxed the floor and replaced the heating vents. The project took quite a bit longer than what we planned. Some of the old flooring had been glued down and was rather difficult to remove. Plus the fifty gazillion staples that needed to be pulled up didn't help matters. What does help and is awesome, is Tylenol and lots of it!
That's Roper in the big chair on the left. He supervised us this weekend and made sure everything was square and layed down correctly.
We did a bit of redecorating with the furniture. The room seems more spacious and we both really like facing the tv rather than having it in between the windows. The little black fuzzy guy under the window on the right is Kiwi our house bunny. He is litter box trained and really cool.
The plan is to put the new floor in our bedroom this weekend. It's a smaller area with less cutting (we hope) and should go a bit faster. It's a lot of work, but we are saving a ton of money by doing it ourselves. Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself. Saving money on labor means more yarn money. Yeah that's the ticket!