Next Andy enclosed the fence like railing around the stairwell:
We began work on the stairs by removing the carpet to see what was under it. It was a combination of stair treads (good) and plywood (not so good). Andy replaced the plywood, rebuilt the corner steps, added trim around the edges and wainscoting risers. I'm the painter in the process. I come from a family of very talented artists and am glad to be able to use my limited painting skills for some good!
Then we added a shelf under the bar area of the counter that divides the great room from the kitchen.
Most recently we have begun refacing our cabinets. While it does take a bit of time, refacing isn't really hard to do. Andy added wainscoting and trim to the existing door fronts. We updated the knobs and hinges and Ive painted the insides to give everything a clean and uniform look. Right now all of the lower cabinets are complete. This weekend we will begin on the upper cabinets. Here are a few progress pictures.
Sanded, washed and primed
We added sliding racks to make access easier.
The trim underneath still needs to be painted. I think I will do that last since I still need to paint the trim in the dining room.
PS Im up to 148 hexipuffs!!