Friday, January 18, 2013

Is that snow on your garden gnome, or did he get into the cupcakes?



It's my favorite day of the year. It snowed last night and I woke while it was still dark. Andy brought me a cup of coffee in bed and Roper hung out with me while I relaxed into the morning. I snuck outside while still in my pajama's to take a few pictures. The sun was just starting to come up and the sky was a beautiful whitish blue. The only sound was the ice cracking on the trees as the breeze blew through them.



After living in Maine for so many years, I stopped enjoying snow. The last winter I lived there we had 99" of snow accumulation over the winter. There was so much snow and it was so incredibly heavy that the roof of the barn needed to be shoveled. By the end of the winter I could stand on the huge snowbank next to the barn to reach up and shovel more snow off. The first winter that I lived in Virginia was like being on vacation! It didn't snow at all and I don't remember it being colder than mid 40's. Since then, I've found that it does snow here on occasion, but it's never very much. It melts within a few days and looks pretty while it's here. There never seems to be that gray sludge on top of the snow from the street that happens further north. It's just pretty and pristine and reminds me of a frosted cake.


The Nikomedes pattern is nearly finished.  Im putting the final touches on it now.  Shannon and Beth have been really wonderful test knitters. The pattern should be ready to be released by the end of next week.  I've really enjoyed writing and designing this pattern   It's fun knit with a very easy to remember stitch pattern.  The lace  continues down the heel which is perfect for showing off with clogs!


Nikomedes shown in Shalimar Yarns Zoe Sock Driftwood


Here is a little teaser for Mirrored Step, which will be coming out at the end of February.  It's a great pattern for semi-solid as well as variegated yarns.  Knitted cuff down and will come in three sizes.  The Mirrored Step stitch pattern really helps to break up any pooling and will work well with a variety of yarns.


Cindy and Tierney have just gotten the test pattern for this fun knit.  Im anxious to hear how they are doing and see progress pictures.  It's so exciting when I get to see my patterns come to life in the knitting of others!  

  Check out Tierney's blog if you have a chance.  She has some really fun things on there and is very talented!



1 comment:

  1. Ha - you post title made me laugh! I love gnomes and have quite a few myself. Wish we would get a bit of snow here. I enjoy it for a day or two and then it's usually gone.

    ReplyDelete