Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Contest Winners and Frost in Bloom - The Hat


Thank you to everyone who left a comment and shared their best birthday memories.  I really enjoyed reading all of them. 

The prize winners chosen by Random Number Generator are:

CeltChick has won the The Harmony Guides: Knit Edgings & Trims
 
Kris has won the Yummy Sock Yarn along with the Mirrored Step Pattern.


When Andy and I got up on Saturday it was a dreary looking day.  The sky was dark and gray and there were showers in the forecast.  Most people would think that it wouldn't be a great day to take pictures, but sometimes those gray days are the best.  The lack of sunlight produces pictures without a lot of shadows and glare which are perfect.  We were able to get two sets of pictures done.  One for Frost in Bloom - The Hat and the other one is for.....the new Mystery KAL with Indieway Yarns that will be coming at the beginning of 2014!  Squee!  The pictures for it came out fantastic, but since it's a Mystery, we won't be able to show them until after the KAL.  I'll have more information here on the blog in the next few weeks.  It's going to be a lot of fun and there will be a thread in the Indieway Yarns group on Raverly for the KAL.

I can show you Frost in Bloom - The Hat.  It's a really fun knit!  I'm putting the final touches on the pattern and will have it ready for test knitting by the end of next week.  It's in First String Sock from Indieway in Delicate Pastels.


Last but not least, I'm binding off on The Bat shawl.  It's really pretty, and very batty!  There are a lot of beads in the pattern.  A lot.  Like 585 of the black beads alone, plus the red beads in the black section, and the beads for the bind off. That's a lot of bead placement and a lot of cursing when I would drop one and it would wind up somewhere in dust bunny hell under the sofa.  I didn't realize that Wendy was nice enough to include extra beads in the kit or I wouldn't have gone on a safari looking for the ones I dropped!


5 comments:

  1. So excited! Thank you for sharing your birthday with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squee! ;)
    LOVE the looks of that shawl! And congrats to the BD winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep designing such fun, fast and great looking patterns for us, Lara. Can't get enough! :) I like seeing your faves on Etsy, too - beautiful Shalimar yarns! Here's to a delicious and happy Thanksgiving - T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat and I can't wait to see what you and Wen have cooked up for the mystery KAL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for adding to my knitting library! I've sent you a message via Ravelry with mailing info. Cute hat.

    ReplyDelete