Friday, September 26, 2014

Happy Friday!

It may seem strange that I get excited for Friday since I'm self employed and wind up working most every day.  Even if I am working, the weekend is still the weekend.  On Friday's I usually cook something more involved than pizza for dinner.  When Andy get's home from work we have a cocktail and kick back a bit before dinner.  Tonight I'm making Carnita Pork and will serve it will a corn salsa, black beans, avocado's and rice.   I can never get enough avocado in any form - sliced, in guacamole or fried.  I will eat it any way that it comes!   Andy has been working a lot.  Between his day job and building our deck (pictures next week!) I haven't seen as much of him as I usually do.  Since a large portion of the deck was rather high up and I am terrified of heights, I wasn't able to help out.  Now that the decking boards are mostly done I've been able to give him a hand.


I've been working on a pair of Bethesda's Socks in the Sock It To Me KAL in my Ravelry group.  If you haven't joined in, there is still plenty of time to get a pair of socks knitted up.  The holidays are right around the corner and socks make a great gift!  This is my sock in progress.  The yarn is from the Murder on the Moors yarn club that The Natural Dye Studio did earlier this year.  The club was a lot of fun, reasonably priced and came with a short mystery story in each shipment. 


Next week I have a new pattern set in Bare Naked Wools Ghillie Sport/DK coming out!  It's called Sugardance and will include a cowl and mitt pattern.  The pattern will be released on Monday and Knitspot will be having a pattern giveaway on their blog, so keep a look out there. It's a super easy knit and would make a great gift for a friend for the holidays!  I know, I know the leaves haven't even fallen off the trees yet.  Isn't it better to get started on that holiday knitting now, rather than to wait until the last minute and have to block a project in your hotel room or at your in laws?




No comments:

Post a Comment