Monday, March 11, 2013

3 Million and Counting

Ravelry just reached its Three Million Member mark.  Three Million.  That just amazes me.  It means there are three million fiber enthusiasts that are all in one place.  People from all over the world; knitters, crocheters, spinners, weavers, farmers, all banding together for camaraderie and fun.  All with one thing in common: the love of yarn and fiber.  I can honestly say that a large percentage of my kitting and fiber friends Ive met because of Ravelry.  My position at Shalimar Yarns started from a friendship formed on Ravelry.  I spend countless hours browsing patterns and chatting with friends on there.  Thank you to Jess and Casey, you guys are the best!  I wish you many more millions of members and future success!
 


Speaking of Ravlery, (I know not the best segway but it's all I have going on the Monday after Daylight Savings Time) I recently added my latest pattern: Mirrored Step to my Ravlery shop:

 
 
 
It's a fun and very easy knit which produces a lovely textured pattern.  The socks are a mirror image of one another.  The unisex design is versatile enough to work with both semi-solid and variegated yarns.  The socks above are in Sanquine Gryphon's Bugga Adonis Butterfly. 
 

This is a close up of my dear friend Tierney's Mirrored Step test knit. She used Into the Whirled Saginaw Sock in Viola.  If you have a chance, check out Tierneys Blog.  I just noticed that she posted a new cookie recipe on there.  I know what I will be making tomorrow!
 



 

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever get to try those cookies? I've made them twice which tells me they're likely going to be my new go-to cookie recipe. Well, one of them any way! Thanks so much for the shout out, and I'm getting close to casting on my next Lara Smoot pattern, choosing between Ferry Beach socks and Frost In Bloom cowl...

    ReplyDelete