Tuesday, July 2, 2013

TNNA

We are back from TNNA and had a wonderful time!  Kristi, Paul and Laurie did an amazing job designing the Shalimar booth.  We had three spaces this year and the extra room was wonderful!

I finished Tempest just in time to wear on Saturday:

I love how the colors of Ore and Love Potion look together.  It was a really fun knit and it's so nice to have a finished sweater that fit's so well.  I may have to knit this again in another colorway.  I'm thinking of possibly doing something with gradient stripes next time.

I've been reading Carrie aka IrishGirlieKnits  blog for several years now and have done a few test knits for her.  I was so excited to finally get to meet her!  She is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet and she has some really fantastic designs that I was able to admire in person. She even offered some really great advice for me as a designer which I am really grateful for.

  The lovely shawl to the right of me is Falling Slowly one of Carries newest designs. 

We were able to spend some time with Anne and Erica (and her super cute baby!) from KnitSpotAnne's booth was amazing!  Seeing so many of her designs knitted up and all in one place was incredible.  Even though David couldn't be there, we still managed to get him in the group picture:

Anne was kind enough to give me a sample card with all of the Bare Naked Yarns on it.  I've worked with the Breakfast Blend for the Ribbon Street Cowl design earlier this year and it has a lovely hand.  I'm sure I will be coming up with a new design for one of the other yarns.  Stone Soup and Kent are really calling out to me right now!



I'm a few days late posting about TNNA.  Last week our dog Roper, took a turn for the worse and we had to put him down.  The vet thinks that in addition to his heart issues he had a brain or spinal column tumor.  We had him for almost 13 years and it's been really hard being in the house without him.  He was very well loved and a special guy.  He was always right by my side or where he could watch me to see what I was doing though out the day.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry to hear about Roper. Big hugs xoxo

    And on a happier note, it was so great to meet you finally Lara (and Andy too!)! I hear your voice in my head now while reading your post :) Hopefully we'll get to see each other at next year's TNNA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie.

    It was so great to meet you! I hope we can get together again.

    ReplyDelete